Certificates & Educations:
- Master Degree in Chemical Engineering; University of Jordan; Jan. 1993
- B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering; Jordan University of Science & Technology; June 1990.
- General Secondary Certificate; Tawjihi; Halhoul; 1985.
Qualifications & Work Experiences:
Duties, Tasks and nature of work
Place Of Work
Director of Marble and Stone center, 2010 till now
--- Responsible about all activities of the center (Diploma degree in stone and marble, Testing Lab for stone samples, and Industrial lab for training students in the steps of stone industry).
--- Teaching courses related to stone and marble and supervise and follow up the practical training of students in stone companies.
--- Teaching Environment and waste treatment courses
--- Statistical studies about the percentage of stone solid waste for stone machines like the Gang Saw, Slab cutting machine, Tiles Polishing line, …etc.
--- Periodic field visits for stone companies and related institutes.
Marble and Stone Center
Palestine Polytechnic University
- Operations Manager, Orient for Marble & Stone, Jordan Jul. 2007-May 2009. Tasks: Responsible about all activities and departments (Production, Sales, Purchase, Maintenance, and HR department, etc.) of Orient Company which is one of Nassar Stone Group companies.
- Production Manager, Nassar Investment Company, Bethlehem, Jan. 2000- June 2007. Tasks: Production Planning, Production Management, Stone Waste Management, Development of new products and stone finishes, Periodic reports about the stone production units and lines, …,etc.
- Quality Control Manager & Management Representative Manager-ISO 9000, Nov. 1998-Jan. 2000. Tasks: Follow up the quality of the stone during the stages and units of production, periodic reports about the quality, etc.
- Safety Representative; responsible about the safety inside the factory, and participate in all the workshops and meetings related to safety.
Nassar Stone Group
--- Quality Management Representative -ISO 9000, March 1998-Nov. 1998
--- Quality Control Manager, Jan. 1997- march 1998.-
--- Production Engineer, April 1994-Dec.1996
Palestine Aluminum Company
Quality Control Engineer, (Gilding the Dome of the Rock); 1993-1994. Follow up all gilding steps of the Dom sheets. Testing every sheet before fixing on the Dom (porosity test, bending test, visual test, thickness of gold, etc.).
Dome of the Rock Restoration Project,
Teacher assistant, 1990-1993
University of Jordan,
Trainee Engineer, two months, 1989
Publications, Researches ,Studies and other Activities:
-Publishing a Paper about “the Effect of the Cutting Thickness of the Gang Saw on the Waste Percentages and Productivity” in the 3rd International Conference on Energy & Environmental Protection in Sustainable Development-October 2013.
- Participate in many Conferences especially about the tri-partnership between Academic, Governmental, and private sector.
- Local Expert in a Study and Research about the possible uses of stone powder in new products as a local expert . “From Waste to Profit”
- Local Expert in a Survey about the Stone Facilities in all the West Bank; this Survey was implemented in the South area of the West Bank and now is continued for the Middle and North of West Bank.
- Local Expert in workshops and meetings for Modifying the Palestinian Standard of the Stone, 2012.
- Tow Training Study Tours to Italy (two weeks in September 2013 and one week in November 2013) .
- Attending in “Coverings Fair- specialized in stone industry and related industries” which was held in Atlanta- Georgia- USA , May 2013.
- Attending Verona Fair which is specialized in stone industry, October 2013.
- Study Tour in Turkey – visits to some stone companies and institutes to take a look about their experience in the tri-partnership between the Private, Academic and Governmental sectors 2010.
- Implementing studies related to stone industry through the Graduation Projects of the Stone Students.
- Participate in most of the Workshops related to stone industry which were held in the Union of Stone and Marble, USM.
- Preparing for a Training Course about the Security and General Safety for the Employees working in Stone Industry, Nabuls 2012.
Courses & Skills
- Course in Electroplating, Amman, Jordan Engineers Association, July 1995
- Course in ISO 9000, Palestine Aluminum Company, June 1996
- Training for production of powder, Univecol Company, Natania-Israel, July 1997
- Course in Internal Quality Auditing on ISO 9000, MRS, August 1998
- Participate in most of Nassar Group meetings to Discuss annual and semi annual reports
- Participate in a lot of internal and external quality auditing on ISO 9000 in all periods of my work in both Palestine Aluminum Company and Nassar Group Companies.
- Skills in using computer especially Windows (Excel & Microsoft Word).
- Course about Proposal writing, 2012